1. Coopers IPA Select
2. 1 kg DME (Could use 500g DME + 500g dextrose, but DME give more mouth feel)
3. Extra 300g dextrose (IPA’s traditionally have a higher alcohol content)
4. 2 oz Cascades dry hops
– Started with roughly 24 cups water in boiler.
– Add DME and dextrose slowly and disolve. Need to avoid scorching.
– Heat to boil. Lots of foam.
Keep lifting from element and stirring to hot break.
– Boil for 90 secs then add hops.
– Boil 2 mins more. Not any longer otherwise hop oils dissipate too quickly.
– Remove from heat and cover.
– Cool for a few mins and add everything to fermenter including hop mush.
(you sanitized everything before starting, right?)
– I soaked the Coopers can in hot water so it pours easily.
– Add Coopers LME and fill to 5gal
– Stir to cool quick.
– Check temp and throw yeast
– Seal it up & add bubbler. Wait 6-7 days to bottle.
– After 2 days fermentation started. See pressure difference starting.
Gonna be yummy!